Terms & Conditions
These are the general terms and conditions by which Reader's Digest offers this website service to you, the user.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as, by proceeding to use this website, you are accepting that you will abide by these terms.
The website is governed by English law and the information on it is only representative and valid to English law. It is not directed at, or intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in, any jurisdiction where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to applicable law or regulation.
This website, and the information contained in it, is for consumer use only and only use which is not contrary to any applicable law or regulation.
Reader's Digest strives to ensure that all information provided as part of this website is correct at the time of inclusion on the website but makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness, accuracy, currency, adequacy or suitability for any particular purpose. If you believe any information on this site to be inaccurate, then please get in touch via our Contact Us page.
This website contains information either produced by Reader's Digest or companies or individuals approved by us for the creation of information. You should seek professional advice regarding issues relating to medical or financial decisions.
Your right to use the website is subject to any limitations, conditions and restrictions established by us from time to time. In our sole discretion we may alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the website at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features and aspects of the website or restrict your access to parts or all of the website without notice or liability.
We may have to suspend the website at any time without being able to give you prior notice of this. We will do all that we can to restart the website as soon as possible in such circumstances. While we will endeavour to minimise any inconvenience caused to you, we cannot be responsible for any financial or other loss that you may suffer as a result.
You may only use the website for lawful purposes. In particular you may not use the website to transmit defamatory, racist, offensive or abusive material or material of an obscene or menacing character, or in breach of copyright or any other intellectual property rights, or in contravention of the Computer Misuse Act 1990, the Race Relations Act of 1968, the Equal Opportunities Act of 1976 or any other subsequent overriding UK legislation.
We may publish website addresses (hyperlinks) which will lead you to external websites. Such addresses are provided solely for your convenience and information. Your access to such websites or your use of such links to any other websites or pages is at your own risk. Linked websites, whether permitted or not, do not have any implied affiliation with this website.
Your privacy and your community
All trademarks, trade names and logos used on this website are trademarks or trade names of Vivat Direct Ltd (trading as Readers Digest) and may not be reproduced or copied anywhere without the express permission of Vivat Direct Ltd (trading as Reader's Digest).
Vivat Direct Limited (trading as Reader's Digest) (RD) may pass your customer information to other RD companies and tell you about other RD products and services, by post, telephone or email. We may also pass your information to other carefully selected third parties whose offers may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive offers from either RD or other companies, by post, phone or email, please contact us at Reader's Digest, PO Box 7853, Ringwood, BH24 9FH, indicating your preferences.
We do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any member profile, advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed, uploaded or distributed through the website by us, our partners (if any) or any user of the website by any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, member profile, advice, statement or information shall be at your sole risk.
You agree to indemnify Vivat Direct Ltd (trading as Reader's Digest), our officers, directors, employees and agents, from any loss or damages, including without limitation reasonable legal fees, which we may suffer as a result of your activities on or use of the website, including without limitation any breach by you of this Agreement or any charges or complaints made by other parties against you. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defence of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you provided, however, that you shall remain liable for any such claim.
As a Preference Subscriber, your subscription will be billed at annual intervals and will continue unless you cancel, which you may do at any time. To receive a full refund for any copies not supplied, you must cancel within 60 days of our receipt of your subscription. Orders are subject to acceptance by Reader’s Digest.
Ordering subscriptions online
Offers apply to residents of the UK only, and are not available to those under 18.
We will endeavour to deliver the goods you have bought within our promised delivery times, which you can read here. But please be aware that bad weather or other circumstances beyond our control could delay the delivery.
Voucher codes are for online purchases only. They cannot be used with other forms of purchase and payment, including by post or phone. Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and are subject to availability. No cash alternative available.
Orders are subject to acceptance by Reader's Digest.
By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, the person ordering is confirming that, to the best of their knowledge, the information given is true and accurate.
Competition Terms and Conditions
PLEASE NOTE: All Reader's Digest competitions are free to enter, and we would NEVER ask for any money for entry or when claiming any prizes as a result of a Reader's Digest prize draw or competition. Reader's Digest or their partners will always arrange delivery of your prize in full, and there would never be any payment required by the customer. Please be wary of potential scams and feel free to contact us if you are unsure if an offer is genuine.
From time-to-time Vivat Direct Ltd t/a Reader’s Digest will run competitions, free prize draws and promotions ('Competition(s)') in the print magazine and on this website. Competitions may be subject to additional terms that will be made available at the time.
Full competition terms and rules can be viewed at https://www.readersdigest.co.uk/competitions-rules
Entries can be made via post or online. Online entries can be registered via www.readersdigest.co.uk/fun-games/competitions and by post entries can be sent to Reader’s Digest Competitions, Warners Group Publications, West Street, Bourne, PE10 9PH, indicating the name of the Competition to arrive before the closing date.
- Entry is open only to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
- The competition is divided into categories; Adults aged over 18, children aged 12-18 and children under 12. Please ensure you correctly state the relevant category for which you are submitting your entry.
- Failure to register within the correct category will make your entry invalid.
- It is not open to employees of Vivat Direct Limited (trading as Reader's Digest), its subsidiary companies and all other persons engaged with this prize draw, their immediate families, and relatives living in an employee's household.
- Entry is free and no purchase necessary.
- Please ensure that submissions are original, not previously published and exactly 100 words long (not including title). The main story must be 100 words - no more, no less, otherwise your entry will be invalid.
- Each competition will close on the date as stated on the entry page.
- Entries can be sent via post addressed to: Reader’s Digest, 100 Word Story Competition, Warners Group Publications, West Street, Bourne, PE10 9PH. Allow more time for postal entries to arrive and ensure you include your full name and address and clearly state the category you are entering.
- The editorial team along with our judging panel will pick a shortlist of entries, and the three best stories in each category will be displayed online at readersdigest.co.uk.
- The editor's decision is final.
- Members of the public will be offered the opportunity to vote for their favourite, and the entries that receive the most votes in each category will win the top prizes.
- Reader's Digest may use the winner’s name, home town, photograph and opinions in future publicity or promotional material, and by submitting an entry and accepting our terms and conditions, entrants agree to such usage by participating in the competition.
- We may use entries in all print and electronic media.
- Prizes will be awarded as outlined on the entry page for each competition published.
- The prize awards are as stated, with no alternative offered.
- The winners will be notified in writing via email or post and subject to agreement, relevant arrangements will be made to supply prizes as applicable.
- A full list of winners will be listed on our website at https://www.readersdigest.co.uk/readers-digest-competition-winners or can be made available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Reader’s Digest Competitions, Warners Group Publications, West Street, Bourne, PE10 9PH, indicating the name of the Competition.
- Entry into the competition is dependent on the entry being received by us. Reader's Digest does not accept liability for entries that are not submitted on time for whatever reason, including but not limited to internet disruption, unavailability of the website or corrupted web pages.
- The result of the competition as announced in our Reader's Digest magazine is final and no correspondence will be entered into thereafter.
- RD reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of future promotions without prior notice. You are advised to read the terms and conditions when registering for each promotion.
Copyrights and trademarks
Copyright ©Vivat Direct Limited (trading as Reader's Digest). All rights reserved. Reader's Digest is a registered trade mark of The Reader's Digest Association, Inc.