10 Reasons to travel to magnificent New Zealand
Make your travel dreams a reality with this gorgeous trip to magnificent New Zealand
Double award-winning tour operator, Distant Journeys, have curated breathtaking tours of New Zealand which include views of the crystal clear waters, dramatic mountain ranges and beautiful Maori culture.
New Zealand is the primary destination for those looking to mix relaxation and leisure with fun-filled activities and new gambling experiences and with Distant Journeys, you will be given a choice of two itineraries—one 23-day tour and one 28-day tour—from only £3,995 per person.
With such a vast amount to do and see, we give you ten unmissable reasons why New Zealand should be at the top of your travel list and the sights you can expect on a Distant Journeys tour:
1. The Maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa, which means “The land of the long white cloud.”
Distant Journeys will take you around the beautiful land of Rotorua which is famous for its hot springs and geothermal activity. But what makes this a truly special place to visit is the Maori culture, the history and the people—the dramatic performances they show are second to none.
2. As well as being immersed in culture and scenery, when you travel to New Zealand you'll be a part of history in the making. Not only was New Zealand the first country to give women the right to vote, but in 2006, all the highest ranking positions were held by women at the same time—it’s the only country to date to have achieved this.
3. Wade in one of New Zealand's many incredible hot springs—a sure way to delve into total relaxation, bliss, and a way to connect with your surroundings.
4. The most exciting way to travel the Milford Sound fiord is undoubtedly by cruise, it's the only way to truly soak up the awe-inducing scenery.
5. It's indisputable that New Zealand is a haven for resting the mind and body. But if it's a little fitness you're after, you won't be short of hills to walk up, lakes to stroll by or even a casual game of cricket on the beach.
6. With all the greenery and natural life it's easy to think you're in undiscovered territory but with a visit to the city of Dunedin included, you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to buzzing culture. Visit a theatre, eat some great food and maybe do a little shopping, the choice is yours. And if you like a flutter, there are many different casinos to play in New Zeland for your entertainment.
7. The TranzAlpine express is arguably the most scenic railway in the world and when you embark on the Magnificent New Zealand Tour you travel on this delightful express in order to get to Franz Josef.
8. 30 per cent of New Zealand is covered by beautiful, lush rainforest so you'll be sure to spot an abundance of untouched ecosystems and wildlife.
9. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was famously shot in New Zealand across 150 different locations and with scenery such as the Franz Josef glacier it's not hard to see why. The glacier is an unmissable stop on the trip which includes the option to fly above to truly gage the magnificence of the view.
10. When you choose the Very Best of New Zealand tour, you'll travel to Nelson. And with a free day to roam, a must visit is the Nelson Lakes National Park which officially encloses the lake with the clearest water in the world—the Blue Lake.
After following Distant Journeys' brilliant itinerary you also have the chance to take on this special offer: a homeward two-night stopover for only £29 per person (£58 single rooms) in Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai or Bangkok. This includes transfers, accommodation and daily breakfast and is a saving of up to £632 per couple on the normal price. Alternatively, three nights in Bali for £199 per person (£398 single rooms).
You'll be spoilt for choice as the package includes:
- Choice of Singapore Airlines or Qantas / Emirates
- Choice of 6 UK departure airports
- Choice of two night stopover
- Superior hotels
- All breakfasts
- Traditional Maori Hangi dinner and concert
- Cruise on Milford Sound
- TranzAlpine rail journey
- Cruise the Bay of Islands
- Sightseeing tours in six destinations
- Hotel porterage, airport taxes and ATOL protection
For more information call 01695 577 961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org