Sweet chilli jam recipe
Chilli jam is a perfect accompaniment to barbecued meats or as spicier alternative to pickle with your cheese and crackers.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 250g chargrilled capsicums, seeded and skin removed
- 2 long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, roughly chopped
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Process the peppers and chillies in a food processor until smooth.
2. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 1 to 2 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add the pepper mixture, sugar, fish sauce and tamarind; cook for 10 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally. Stir through herbs; bottle until needed.