Comforting broccoli and stilton soup
Strong flavoured and comforting, this classic recipe will make a delicious starter for your dinner party or a perfect lunch.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
- 3 x 15ml tablespoons garlic oil
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1kg frozen broccoli
- 1250ml hot vegetable stock
- 200g crumbled or chopped Stilton
- freshly ground pepper
1. Put the garlic oil in a large pan over a medium heat and add the sliced spring onions, cooking for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the thyme and the frozen broccoli and stir in the heat for a minute or so.
3. Add the vegetable stock and crumbled Stilton and bring to a bubble, then clamp the lid on and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Blend to mix—in batches—then pour back in the pan and heat if it’s cooled too much while blending, and add pepper to taste.