8 Times David Brent made us cringe
Slough's self-appointed 'best boss' David Brent made us cringe for three years in Ricky Gervais's genius mockumentary series, The Office. Here are his worst/best moments.
1. When he showed off his football skills
"That is a man's game! It's why you shouldn't get involved really…"
2. When he tried to prank Dawn
"I suppose I've created an atmosphere where I'm a friend first, and a boss second."
3. When he compared himself to Jesus
"You've got to move on. You've got to spread the word. And that's very much like me."
4. This attempt at a team building role play
"I got his attention. Get their attention. Okay?"
5. When he gave 'simply the best' motivational speech
"I try and laugh several times a day. Cos it makes you feel good."
6. The dance that needs no introduction
Now seen at office parties across the globe.
7. The time when he preferred a flan
"How much did that cost ya? You're paying too much."
8. When he tried out this troubling interview technique
"Who's to say that hiring staff won't save money in the long run? Does a struggling salesman show up on a bicycle? No. He turns up in a newer car. Perception."
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.