Mob Kitchen: Loaded turkey burritos with pineapple salsa
Swap beef for turkey mince and have these delicious loaded turkey burritos with pineapple salsa for dinner—you won't regret it!
We’ve used turkey mince for these burritos, which is low in saturated fat but high in protein. One of our recipe testers fed this to her friend, who they said they’d buy the book based on this recipe alone. Not really anything more to be said!
Cook time: 35 mins
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄2 small pineapple
- a small bunch of coriander
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (we like sriracha) 150g (51⁄2 oz) natural yoghurt
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g (1lb 2oz) turkey mince
- 3 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 250g (9oz) cooked long grain rice 2 avocados
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- salt and black pepper
- a handful of pickled jalapeños, to serve (optional)
Ingredient hack: Make your own fajita seasoning by mixing 2 teaspoons of chilli powder, 2 teaspoons of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of ground oregano and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika together in a small bowl.
Cooking hack: This one makes a lot of filling, so if you can only find the smaller wraps, double up on your burritos.
- Start with the salsa. Very finely chop the red onion. Scrape half into a small bowl. Peel and dice the pineapple and add to the bowl of onion. Roughly chop half the coriander (stalks and all) and add this too. Zest and squeeze in the juice of 1 lime, season and set the salsa aside.
- Next, stir the hot sauce into the yoghurt and season. Very finely shred the cabbage and scrape into a new bowl. Squeeze over the juice of the other lime, season then scrunch together with your hands—this will help it soften slightly.
- Get a large frying pan over a high heat. Pour in the olive oil, then tip in the turkey mince. Use the back of your spoon to break the mince into smaller pieces, season, then add the remaining chopped red onion. Fry, stirring occasionally, until the mince is cooked through and browned, then stir through the fajita seasoning.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice until piping hot, roughly chop the remaining coriander and mix together. Slice the avocados.
- Assembly time! Heat the tortillas, then add to the centre of each the spiced turkey, coriander rice, red cabbage, pineapple salsa, avo, hot sauce yoghurt and pickled jalapeños, if using. Fold over the ends and roll up to seal. Cut in half and enjoy.
Fresh Mob: Over 100 tasty healthy-ish recipes by Mob Kitchen published by Hodder & Stoughton. Photos © David Loftus 2022.
Need Fresh Food Supplies?
If you need the ingredients for you next planned recipe or just want to stock up on your groceries. Then why not order from Morrisons on Amazon and get them delivered straight to your door. Orders are hand-picked from local stores by dedicated Morrisons staff and delivered to customers by Amazon Flex Delivery Partners.
Read more: 10 Nostalgic dishes to make at home
Read more: World Kitchen: Five Flavour Cucumber
Keep up with the top stories from Reader's Digest by subscribing to our weekly newsletter
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.
Loading up next...