6 Tips for protecting your property this summer
1. Ask a friend or neighbour to keep an eye on your home
They could park on your drive, clear your post from your letterbox, water your plants or even use your bins, making it less obvious your property is vacant.
2. When sunbathing in your garden, check all your windows and doors are locked
It’s important not to leave any valuable items such as jewellery, wallets or mobile phones near any open windows. Make sure your alarms and locks are working and effective.
3. Ask your family to keep quiet about holiday plans on social media
Think twice about posting a picture or status that makes it obvious you’re away on holiday. You never know who can see what’s posted on sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
4. Ensure you have appropriate travel insurance in place if you are going on holiday
Reader’s Digest Insurance Services offers a wide range of travel-insurance solutions, with no upper age limit and cover for those who have pre-existing medical conditions.
5. Make your property look lived-in by setting timer switches
Set lights, music and the television to come on throughout the day and evening. Put all bicycles, tools, toys and furniture away overnight.
6. Know who you need to contact in case of an emergency
Keep all those useful numbers in one place so you can get in touch whenever you need to.
To discuss your home-insurance requirements—and to obtain a competitive quotation—call us today on 020 8069 3102. One of our expert advisers will help provide the home-insurance policy that matches your requirements.