Whether you are seeking a fresh perspective or a daily dose of motivation, these 20 positive quotes will help you navigate life's journey with a heart full of optimism and a head held high
In a world that often feels like a whirlwind of challenges and complexities, a little dose of positivity can go a long way. From famous philosophers to beloved authors and even some of our own modern-day muses, these 20 positive quotes have been carefully selected to uplift your spirits, inspire your soul, and remind you that even in the toughest times, there is an abundance of reasons to keep smiling.
So, grab a cup of your favourite brew, find a cosy corner, and let these words of wisdom wash over you, bringing a ray of sunshine to your day.
1. "In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity".—Albert Einstein
2. "The best way to predict the future is to create it".—Peter Drucker
3. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts".—Winston Churchill
4. "Believe you can and you're halfway there".—Theodore Roosevelt
5. "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream".—C.S. Lewis
6. "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails".—William Arthur Ward
7. "Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going".—Sam Levenson
8. "To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence".—Mark Twain
"Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going"
9. "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us".—Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. "Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful".—Hazrat Inayat Khan
11. "If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way".—Martin Luther King, Jr.
12. "The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot".—Michael Altshuler
13. "No exact recipe for today. Gather all available ingredients and whip yourself up something delicious".—Lin-Manuel Miranda
14. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work".—Thomas Edison
15. "You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging".—Brené Brown
16. "I am a work in progress and I’m a masterpiece".—Sidni Raphael
17. "There is always light. If only we're brave enough to see it. If only we're brave enough to be it".—Amanda Gorman
18. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work".—Thomas Edison
"There is always light. If only we're brave enough to see it. If only we're brave enough to be it"
19. "A dead-end street is a good place to turn around".—Naomi Judd
20. "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow".—Helen Keller
Read more: How to have a happy, stress-free Christmas
Read more: Why having a hobby is good for you
Banner photo: Thumbs up for positive quotes (credit: Donald Tong (Pexels))
Keep up with the top stories from Reader's Digest by subscribing to our weekly newsletter
Loading up next...