Chicken, pancetta and courgette risotto
This fabulous chicken risotto recipe uses pancetta, courgettes and peas to make a special and substantial meal.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g diced pancetta or lardons
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into small cubes
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways, then cut into half-moon shapes
- 300g risotto rice
- 125ml dry white wine
- 900ml chicken stock, hot
- 200g frozen petits pois
- shredded fresh basil to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and stir for 2 minutes until it is sizzling and starting to colour.
2. Add the chicken pieces and stir around for 2 minutes. Stir in the leeks, garlic and courgettes and fry, stirring frequently, for 3–5 minutes until they soften.
3. Stir in the rice, then pour in the wine. Increase the heat and simmer, stirring until almost all the wine has evaporated.
4. Reduce the heat to moderate and start adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring frequently.
5. When there are just 2 ladles of stock left, stir in the peas. Continue adding the stock, stirring until the risotto is moist and creamy. Season to taste, then serve sprinkled with fresh basil.
For some amazing meals in under 20 minutes, take a look at James Martin's Fast Cooking.
Need Fresh Food Supplies?
If you need the ingredients for you next planned recipe or just want to stock up on your groceries. Then why not order from Morrisons on Amazon and get them delivered straight to your door. Orders are hand-picked from local stores by dedicated Morrisons staff and delivered to customers by Amazon Flex Delivery Partners.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.