Spanish style chicken with chorizo, peppers, and olives
Salty black olives, sweet red-and-yellow peppers, spicy chorizo sausage and white wine bring the flavours of the Mediterranean to joints of rich, dark chicken for an easy family casserole.
Our receipe for spanish style chicken with chorizo, peppers and olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 75g chorizo sausage
- 25g pitted black olives
- Salt and black pepper
- Bunch of parsley
- Crusty white bread
1. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish, then cut the chicken thighs in half and fry them over a high heat until golden.
2. Peel and thinly slice the onion and peel and crush the garlic. Add them to the chicken. Rinse and slice the peppers and add them too. Fry until they are lightly browned and slightly softened.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, wine and paprika and bring to the boil. Skin the chorizo, slice it thickly and add it, then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
4. Halve the olives, add them to the casserole, then season to taste. Rinse, dry and chop the parsley and serve with some crusty bread.
Top Tip: Cut peppers in half lengthways then cut away the stem, seeds and white membrane. Turn the halves cut-side down and tap sharply on the chopping board—any remaining seeds will fall out.
Bringing out the best flavours
Boned chicken thighs cook far faster than thighs with the bone in, making them a good choice for a quick mid-week meal. But using chicken thigh on the bone has advantages. When making a stew, the bones add flavour and keep the meat juicier—a simple stock, after all, is made by boiling bones in water, so cooking the chicken and bones for longer will introduce some lovely flavours to the dish.
If you’re using chicken thigh on the bone, then instead of simmering for 15 minutes at step 3, cook on a low simmer for 40 minutes until the thighs are cooked.
Need Fresh Food Supplies?
If you need the ingredients for you next planned recipe or just want to stock up on your groceries. Then why not order from Morrisons on Amazon and get them delivered straight to your door. Orders are hand-picked from local stores by dedicated Morrisons staff and delivered to customers by Amazon Flex Delivery Partners.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.