These giant chunky cookies are a must-bake
One of my favourite things to bake in the world is cookies, and these insanely delicious, salted-caramel-stuffed NYC cookies are one of the best. When you combine the idea of giant chunky cookies with the delicious sweet and salty balance of salted caramel, you find this bake.
I find cookies are a hit with everyone of any age, and you always want to try new flavours—but this will by far go to the top of your list! They are a little life-changing, I won’t lie, so definitely give them a go!
Jane Dunn is a baker, and food blogger
• 125g unsalted butter
• 175g soft light brown sugar
• 1 egg (medium or large)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 300g plain flour
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 250g milk chocolate chips
• 8–16 soft caramel sweets
1. Beat the butter and soft light brown sugar together until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again.
2. Add the plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sea salt and combine until cookie dough is formed, then add the chocolate chips or chunks and mix until they are evenly distributed.
3. Portion your dough out into eight balls—each should weigh about 110g. Once rolled into balls, flatten slightly and put 1 or 2 soft caramels in the middle, then wrap the cookie dough around the caramels and re-roll into balls. Put into the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour or so. While the cookie dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
4. Take your cookies out of the freezer or fridge and put onto the lined trays (I do four cookies per tray) and bake for 12–14 minutes. Once baked, leave the cookies to cool on the trays for at least 30 minutes as they will continue to bake while cooling.
Jane’s Patisserie by Jane Dunn is out now and is published by Ebury.
Need Fresh Food Supplies?
If you need the ingredients for you next planned recipe or just want to stock up on your groceries. Then why not order from Morrisons on Amazon and get them delivered straight to your door. Orders are hand-picked from local stores by dedicated Morrisons staff and delivered to customers by Amazon Flex Delivery Partners.
Read more: 10 recipe ideas for leftovers
Read more: How to style out autumn
Keep up with the top stories from Reader's Digest by subscribing to our weekly newsletter
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.