Recipe: Cornish baked custard puddings
- 400ml double cream
- 100ml whole milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod
- 75g sugar
- Poached rhubarb
- Tinned prunes
- Shortbread biscuits—or whatever you fancy!
- Scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod.
- Add the scraped pod to the cream and milk and heat gently, until just simmering.
- Mix the egg yolks, vanilla seeds and sugar until they’re creamy.
- Pour the hot cream over the yolks, mixing continually. Remove the pod and discard.
- Divide the custard into 6 oven-proof dishes, and bake in a bain marie at 140C for 30 minutes.
- Cool, and place in the fridge until needed. Before serving, garnish with a topping of your choice.
Pair with a stout or Sharp’s 6 Vintage blend.
Enjoyed this story? Share it!