Macaroon Recipe: Simple Yet Sophisticated
These delicate French almond delights are simple and yet sophisticated. Try this easy recipe for beautiful vanilla-flavoured macaroons.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15–20 minutes
Makes 24 macaroons
- 250g ground almonds
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- rice paper
- 2 tablespoons split almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the ground almonds, caster sugar and cornflour in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add the egg whites and vanilla extract and beat well to make a fairly stiff mixture.
3. Line 2 baking trays with rice paper and put teaspoons of the mixture, in round blobs, on the paper, spacing them well apart. Alternatively, put the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large, plain nozzle and pipe onto the paper. Lightly press a split almond into the centre of each macaroon.
4. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays.
5. When cold, remove the macaroons from the trays and tear away the excess rice paper from each biscuit. (The rice paper is edible.) Store in an airtight container.
Need Fresh Food Supplies?
If you need the ingredients for you next planned recipe or just want to stock up on your groceries. Then why not order from Morrisons on Amazon and get them delivered straight to your door. Orders are hand-picked from local stores by dedicated Morrisons staff and delivered to customers by Amazon Flex Delivery Partners.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.