Indulgent Christmas pudding ice cream recipe
In the spirit of using up Christmas leftovers, this is a great way of repurposing lingering Christmas pudding.
It's more of a 'cheat' than a 'recipe', particularly with the controversial suggestion of using shop-bought vanilla custard. But by the end of December even the most enthusiastic of cooks can feel like they've spent enough time in the kitchen.
Those with plenty of stamina remaining can, of course, rely on their favourite vanilla custard recipe, and revel in their own smugness.
- 200g leftover Christmas pudding
- 500g vanilla custard
- Optional: caramel sauce
- Crumble the leftover Christmas pudding into little chunks about the size of a Malteser.
- Stir the Christmas pudding into the custard.
- Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn according to instructions. (Alternatively, pour into an empty litre ice-cream container and put straight into the freezer. Chill for 20 minutes and then stir every half hour until the ice cream has firmly frozen).
- Serve with optional caramel sauce.