Deliciously Ella's sweet potato brownies recipe
Makes 10 brownies
- 500g of sweet potatoes (about two medium-sized potatoes)
- 100g of ground almonds
- 100g of ground oats
- 12 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 6 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of cacao
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180°C, then peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into chunks and place into a steamer for about 20 minutes, until they become really soft.
- Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart remove them and add them to a food processor with the pitted dates.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato date combination. Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about 45 to 50 minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork bringing it out dry. Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes—this is really important as it needs this time to stick together!
- While the brownies are cooling make the icing by simply melting all the ingredients together and stirring well, then place in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up a bit. Remove the brownies from the tray, leaving it another few minutes before cutting them into squares—then spread the icing on top, dig in and enjoy!