Crispy tofu and leek stir fry recipe
British Leeks and vegan food influencer Lucy Parker shares her healthy and delicious recipe for crispy tofu and leek chilli stir-fry
I created this quick and easy stir-fry dish to showcase the wonderful flavour and versatility of leeks, which are at their best during the winter months.
When tossed on a high heat, they can remain delicious, sweet and crunchy with a hint of that onion-like flavour, and when combined with zingy Asian ingredients, you can create a real crowd-pleaser in under 20 minutes.
Crispy Tofu, Leek & Chilli Stir-fry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 small leek, sliced thinly
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 radishes, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, thinly sliced
1 green chilli, thinly sliced
200g tofu, 2cm cubed
1 tbsp sesame seeds
80g udon noodles or wheat noodles
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari (sub for soy sauce)
1 tsp mirin
1 tsp brown sugar
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to a wok, place on a high heat.
- Once hot add the chilli and ginger and fry for a few minutes before adding the garlic and tofu.
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, squeeze of 1/2 lime and remaining sesame oil then add to the wok.
- Add the udon noodles to a pot of boiling water and simmer for five minutes.
- Toss the wok allowing each side of the tofu to cook then add in the thinly sliced radish and leeks, 1/2 the sesame seeds then add in the cooked noodles with a splash of the water from the pot, and fry together on a high heat for the final 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with 1/4 lime, a sprinkle of sesame seeds. We recommend serving with chilli crisp oil (optional).
For some more delicious recipes from Lucy, visit her Instagram, @lucy_and_lentils
Need Fresh Food Supplies?
If you need the ingredients for you next planned recipe or just want to stock up on your groceries. Then why not order from Morrisons on Amazon and get them delivered straight to your door. Orders are hand-picked from local stores by dedicated Morrisons staff and delivered to customers by Amazon Flex Delivery Partners.
Read more: Spaghetti and meatballs recipe
Read more: Chicken pork adobo recipe
Keep up with the top stories from Reader's Digest by subscribing to our weekly newsletter
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.
Loading up next...