Stuck on what to give your mum for Mother's Day? Why not bake her this delectable cake
There’s always time for cake. This is a perfect cake any time of the year and particularly on Mothering Sunday. This is a wonderful recipe, which will be loved by all the generations.
So quick and simple and it will brighten up your day. Using a Bundt tin makes this cake a real showstopper for a pudding or afternoon tea.
Baking is one of the most loving of all human skills and what better way to show how much you love your mother, by baking her this special cake.
500g Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream
Finely grated zest and juice of 4 lemons
450g caster sugar
4 medium eggs, free range
30ml Rodda’s Cornish milk
400g self raising flour
4 tbsp granulated sugar zest and juice of 4 lemons
Spoonfuls of Rodda’s clotted cream
Primrose flowers, extra granulated sugar
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan/356°F)
Bundt tin 25x25x9cm (lightly oiled)
1) Beat the caster sugar and eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy and doubled in size.
2) In a separate bowl grate the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice, add the Rodda’s clotted cream and stir together.
3) Gently beat in the Rodda’s clotted cream and lemon mix into the sugar and eggs, then add the milk.
4) Sift the flour and gently fold into the mixture until well combined.
5) Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level off the top.
6) Bake the Bundt cake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
7) Remove from the oven and leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to finish cooling, after 10 minutes carefully transfer to the plate you would like the cake to be served on.
8) For the drizzle, mix the lemon juice, zest and granulated sugar in a small pan. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves, allowing to cool.
9) When the cake is still warm make little holes with a skewer or cocktail stick ready to pour the syrup evenly over the cake.
10) Sprinkle the cake with more granulated sugar to decorate, and spring flowers. Cut into slices and serve with extra spoonfuls of Rodda’s clotted cream.
Need Fresh Food Supplies?
If you need the ingredients for you next planned recipe or just want to stock up on your groceries. Then why not order from Morrisons on Amazon and get them delivered straight to your door. Orders are hand-picked from local stores by dedicated Morrisons staff and delivered to customers by Amazon Flex Delivery Partners.
Read more: The joys of colourful Curacao
Keep up with the top stories from Reader's Digest by subscribing to our weekly newsletter
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.