COMPETITIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms apply to all prize promotions including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers.
1. From time-to-time Vivat Direct Ltd t/a Reader’s Digest will run competitions, free prize draws and promotions ('Competition(s)') in the print magazine and on this website. Competitions may be subject to additional terms that will be made available at the time.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific Competition.
4. Competitions are open to residents of the UK, Eire and BFPOs, aged 18 or over, except Reader’s Digest employees and any associated partners or affiliated companies.
5. Entries can be made via post or online. Online entries can be registered via www.readersdigest.co.uk/fun-games/competitions and by post entries can be sent to Reader’s Digest Competitions, Warners Group Publications, West Street, Bourne, PE10 9PH, indicating the name of the Competition to arrive before the closing date.
6. It is assumed that by entering Competitions which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer has agreed to allow you time off. When dates are specified, they cannot be altered and by entering date-related Competitions Reader’s Digest or the third party are not liable in any way to any winner who cannot attend.
7. Competitions are not open to any employees of Vivat Direct Ltd or Reader’s Digest, the promoter or their immediate families, a Competition promoter’s advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, or anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the Competition.
8. Entries in the incorrect format will not be considered.
9. Once entered, entries cannot be returned / withdrawn.
10. Unless otherwise stated, only one Competition entry, fulfilling the eligibility requirements above, will be accepted per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
11. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and to have agreed to be bound by them.
12. Winning entries will be chosen at random, and winners will be notified by email or post, unless otherwise terms state an element of judging involved, whereby winners will be chosen by our carefully selected judging panel.
13. Once selected, only the winner(s) will be contacted personally by email using the contact details provided upon entry.
14. Winners will be notified on the day that the winner is selected. Winners will have 10 (ten) working days to respond in full or another winner will be selected.
15. Reader’s Digest decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the validity of any such decision.
16. Reader’s Digest shall be permitted to exclude or disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
17. Reader’s Digest reserves the right to exclude late, incomplete, or multiple registrations, or registrations made by third parties or agents.
18. Reader’s Digest does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
19. The name of the winner(s) will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Reader’s Digest Competitions, Warners Group Publications, West Street, Bourne, PE10 9PH, indicating the name of the Competition.
20. Entry to the Competition and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use any entrant’s name, image, and any competition entry photograph for promotional and/or editorial purposes in any format in print and non-print media without additional consultation.
21. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred, with no cash alternative, although Reader’s Digest reserves the right to change the prize in the event of unforeseen circumstances. There will be no cash alternative.
22. Reader’s Digest reserves the right to (i) cancel and/or withdraw this Competition and/or (ii) amend these Terms, at any time without notice.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Vivat Direct Ltd or Reader’s Digest be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss, damage or injury arising under or in connection with this Competition.
24. Where Reader’s Digest runs a competition with a promoter such that the promoter is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes, then Reader’s Digest shall not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of such prizes.
25. These Terms are governed by English law, and entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to all matters arising under or in connection with these Terms.
27. Entry into our competitions implies acceptance of these rules.